View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013   #1980
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Here's my deal, Quin was a long term fix. We would of had safety spot rapped up with him for next 5-6 years. Reed is a short term fix. Either way we wouldn't of broken the bank. I think that we were eyeing reed all along problably the reason we never really tried to resign Quin. I guess we will see if it pays off our not this season.
I think the coaching staff wasn't all that thrilled with Quin's development. I think that Wade and Vance sat down with Rick and said, "Hey, listen. Quin's been fine so far but we can do better. Why don't we upgrade the position in the short term by getting a more ball-hawking vet and then draft that guy's replacement for the long term, letting they rook learn from a great."

Sure, we could have had Quin signed and on the team for several years but that's not a "fix". That's a "more of the same."
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote