View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 6.0: Post Compensatory Pick Announcement Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Yup, the Houston-Baltimore trade worked out well for both sides. Htown got their franchise LT and Baltimore got their QB.

The problem I feel with the WR group is that there are so many good ones and I honestly don't know where they are going. I am pretty sure Patterson, Allen, and Austin will for sure be gone by 27 and Hopkins will probably be gone by the early second. Hunter seems like a good size WR with speed and hands. Truth be told, there are several WR options the Texans could choose and still get a good player.

Yes a bit undersized, but he could add weight. Dumervill was also undersized coming out of school and he was able to add weight and still be productive. When I see a lot of production over a long time, it tells me he has the tools to get it done at the next level.

Perhaps I could have done better with this one. Will go back to drawing board.

One big problem the Texans have is the DT/NT spot. A bigger space eating clogger like Geathers enables more opportunities for Watt, Smith, Reed, and Mericlus. He also shuts down the up the middle run forcing the teams to go outside where Watt, Smith, and Reed are very good at limiting big gains. Jones comes across as a potential DE/DT/NT combo. He could play NT like Cody/Sharpton, slide next to Geathers if Wade wants to go into a 4 DL alignment, or spell relief for Watt/Smith at the end.

This draft is full of good DBs. I almost wanted to grab another one, but there are already 9 other DBs on the team (Joseph, Jackson, Manning, Reed, McCain, Harris, Carmichael, Keo, and Pleasant). I am not sure the team would have more than 10 altogether.

Huh. I must have missed that one. The only signings I was aware of were Phillip Supernaw, Andrew Gardner, Brice McCain, and Ed Reed. Are you referring to Supernaw? If so, I thought he was a pass catching TE not an elite blocking TE.

Oday is super athletic. Does he drop this far? Who knows. I have seen a ton of negative reviews of him since the combine. Sometimes this whole draft process amazes me. You can play very well for multiple years (or somewhat average for multiple years), have a very good or very bad day or two in shorts/tshirt, and cause your draft stock to rise or plummet. Maybe instead of shorts/shirts they should do drills in full pads!!!

I kinda like Allen. I know you are a big fan of Locke, but I fear he (like Angerer) is going to be gone in the third or 4th. I just cant quite take a punter that high, no matter how good he is.

Boren to me is a no brain type of pick. Team has holes at FB and LB. They like guys who play multiple positions(Casey was a FB/TE, OD was TE/emergency QB, etc). Some people say that in addition to skill, Ed Reed also brings swagger and positive attitude to the team. Boren could also bring that positive attitude swagger.

Thanks a bunch BL! I always look forward to reading your commentary.
Texans signing Lechner pretty much nullifies both of our punters but we were right in feeling need to replace Jones.

Hard time grading out WR class, quality to choose from so feel better value with 2nd rd selection. I do like Aaron Dobson a lot or maybe Terrance Williams is still on the board not to mention Patton.

Pass rusher is needed. Really all are projections, still making mine. Applaud you for trying, just don't know enough about him. What I do know is the Texans prefer taller frame to build out 6-4 to 6-7'.

Is Wolfe a good protege for Ed Reed? Discuss

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote