View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013   #1973
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The impatience was what ticked me off.

All of us agreed that we should walk away if he wanted $7+...there's not been a beef over that issue.

What was frustrating, to me, was to see the impatience that resulted in posts claiming we were wasting time and going to miss out on other FAs.

Now that we see we landed Ed at a crazy friendly price, considering Glover Quin would have been a much more expensive option, it shows that patience pays off.

I was all for us walking away if he kept dragging his feet, and who knows...we might have told Ed that we had a Plan B and Plan C ready to go with if he didn't sign Friday. Never know.

I'd like us to add a vet minimum FA player or two to end our off-season spending, then re-structure a few guys if a free agent needs signing after the draft, before or during camp.

Then roll with what we got and see what happens in September. Hopefully January goes better this time around.