View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013   #62
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ted Johnson calls Vince Wilfork's wife "ugliest he's ever seen"

Steph's blog about talk radio was spot on. I think a email campaign to the Texans is in order, I really don't like them supporting this level of misogyny.

Quote:
“It’s all in fun, and it’s generally a ‘ha, ha’ deal,” Lopez said. “I’m not going to speak for Ted, but the lesson for me is that sometimes people take this thing literally. I can see how (Wilfork) would feel from afar.

“Most people understand when you’re being serious on the radio and when you’re having fun, and sometimes that line gets blurred a little bit.”

He said he and Wright plan to continue the segment.

It should be noted that the audio of the conversation between Wright, Lopez and Johnson was recorded and posted by Craig Shelton’s Houston Media Watch website.

UPDATE: The website also posted audio from KILT’s afternoon talk show, including Rich Lord’s comment, referring to Bianca Wilfork, “The truth of the matter is … this is not somebody you want to wake up next to. Did I go over the line?” He added, “She’s got a ways to before she’s even Rikki Lake. I’m trying to back up our boy here. He spoke the truth.

Sigh. Did Gavin Spittle, KILT’s former program director, take the mute button with him when he moved to Dallas?
link