View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013   #107
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shane Lechler to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
You can't KEEP what you don't HAVE. He's a FA.

We have NO punter on our roster.
i know he's a FA but he's an unsigned FA (that will prob take a vet min deal) and as he was a texan last yr he wouldnt have counted in the comp pick calculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I will take improving the team over worrying about the effect on comp picks any day. Lechler is still the better punter amongst the 2 & field position is half the battle. Especially when you got Kubiak calling the plays & Schaub running them, give them a 10pt lead & the offense goes into coast mode. the defense needs every advantage possible w/ the multiple 3 & outs by the offense sitting on a lead & pinning the opposition deep will help the defense tremendously. Normally I don't care about a punter being signed, but Lechler can create some advantages for the Texans & I would be happy if he was on board.

thats assuming lechler is an upgrade. donnie played well last year and has the stats to back it up. if the two players are much of a muchness, why shouldnt that potential 5th or 6th rd pick come into the equation?

anyway im not gonna get too bothered about it since we've signed lechler now. he's a name but once he plays well too il have no problem with him
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote