View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013   #52
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ted Johnson calls Vince Wilfork's wife "ugliest he's ever seen"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
This is not a situation that calls for political correctness. It is a situation that calls for human decency.

That woman (as you refer to her) is from all accounts a wonderful person and wife.

Let me ask this question to all in this thread who are publicly willing to call her ugly (or nasty). Is there a female in your life who you care about that is ugly? Maybe a mother, a grandmother, a sister, a wife of a friend, a co worker? Would you call them ugly (or nasty) to their face? Then why do you think it is acceptable anywhere?

She isn't a Roseanne or a Rosie O'Donnell who put herself in the public eye and is therefore more subject to public opinion.

I personally have a ton of respect for the way Vince stood up for his wife and for the fact that he is in such a loving relationship with her.
Your expecting decency from certain people that think it is ok to talk like this and think low class is funny until someone starts saying how ugly and lose their moms are.

I read some here saying this stuff is all over so no reason to get upset. Hell that is the exact reason to be upset. Our society thinks it is OK demean defame and to treat folks like garbage. Just because you are not right in front of them. When these boys do not have more than 2 inches and need to belittle others to make themselves feel good and there is only one way they would say it other than on the internet or on a call in talk show.