View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013   #97
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to go WR heavy in Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I can't lie...... the more I watch Patton the less I'm impressed with him. Against A&M he caught a lot of short passes, made people miss, and abused a true freshman most of the game. It was a great showing but I'm not sure how that translates to the NFL. I was on board with him at the beginning of the process, but not so much now.
Well I feel like his game translates perfectly in Houston's offense. Those short catches that turn into big gains after making the first defender miss is Kubiak's wet dream. He's a great hands catcher, and IMO the best route runner in this WR class. Very precise with his every step, almost Isaac Bruce-like.

Does he have his flaws? Sure. He's not a burner, and could struggle against the press at the next level. Overall I'm still pretty high on Patton. Probably a lot more than most people.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote