View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential draft picks and "Pro Bowl Potential"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
When Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round, no one thought he was a Pro Bowler. When Arian Foster was signed as an UDFA, no one thought he was a Pro Bowler. What makes a player a Pro Bowler is something that the Combine can't measure or film doesn't show. It's focus, work ethic, heart, and commitment. No one can give it to you or coach it up, it's either in you or it's not. That's what makes a Pro Bowler.
I didn't know if Foster was a Pro-Bowler.
I just liked his running; and I thought he's a good fit for us, being a down-hill runner.
I thought his pass catching ability and blocking were fine (better than average.)

A little problem with ball security (but I thought the criticism was excessive.)
Not an elusive runner, but a nice complement to Slaton whom we had at the time.

I was surprised he didn't get drafted.
He looked better than Montario Hardesty to me.
I even made a note in the evaluation thread that I saw better blocking for Hardesty overall (it just happened that way.)

I think Hardesty was drafted in the third round the following year.
Actually, Hardesty was drafted near the end of the second round.

No, I didn't think about Pro-Bowl or anything like that; I just thought he's a good overall back; definitely better than Walker or Gado.
I thought he could make the 53-man roster.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote