View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013   #87
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to go WR heavy in Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
These are the very reasons I would stay away from Hunter. He has a high ceiling but also a very low floor. As I've stated before in other posts, the Texans don't need a project #1 WR to develop over a year or 2, they need a #2 WR that is ready to play now.

I've mentioned him on a number of posts and think he or Allen, if still there, are the choices the Texans should go for with the 27th pick. They may not have the blazing speed that Hunter does, but both have better hands, are better route runners, and are more physical.

couldn't disagree with you more about hunter. This guy has the talent to be a #1, and a #1 WR to develop is exactly what this team needs largely b/c AJ's only got a few more years left and he's likely not going to be commanding the kind of attention he still recieves now. Plus it's not like he's going to be sitting behind AJ learning. He'll be on the field as the #2 while AJ is here and will instantly be the best #2 we've had opposite AJ....even as a rookie. It'll be just like harrison and wayne; once harrison was let go, Wayne ascended to the #1.

Plus it'll be best for us in the long run once schaub is released in a year or 2.

Hopkins to me is a solid, but i his ceiling is limited to a #2.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote