View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013   #77
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to go WR heavy in Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
I have some reservations about Hunter. He's fast but dropped 15lbs before the combine to increase his time, 15lbs is a significant amount of weight. If he adds that back he'll lose a bit of explosiveness. I worked with a young guy trying to make the pro beach volleyball tour. We conducted an experiment where I had him jump with both hands held under his chin to eliminate armswing and his standing jump was 28" then I had him hold a 10lb DB in the same position and his standing jump was 26". That's significant. You can add size and maintain speed, but it can be tricky.

He also has the highest drop amongst the top WR in the draft which is concerning.

I'm also concerned about his non contact ACL injury. I am worried he'll be injury prone.

I want to like him but Im worried.
I don't know exactly how much weigh he dropped to run at the combine, but yes, I do have some reservation about Hunter such that I'm hesitant to put him in the first round category.

If I'm a GM, I will have to check out all of those issues (which I'm sure the teams will do, unless you're Al Davis reincarnated, or Jerry Jones... guys like that .)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote