View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013   #28
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Urlacher - does he have anything left for us?

I don't buy the urlacher sucks against the run stuff. They were top 10 against the run. You aren't top ten stopping the run with a MLB who sucks against the run.

Urlacher shouldn't be anyone's main guy anymore, but I think he's more than capable of playing second fiddle to Cushing. I think our run defense would be fine, and he'd help our pass defense when we are in our base defense. Teams do pass on first and second down and from base formations ya know...

Plus, you can still draft a guy or pick up a free agent. If you have a chance to add Ed reed and Brian urlacher to your defense while they can still play, you do it. Even if they've lost a step...or several steps...you do it...the collective iq of the defense would go waaaaay up, and when you are playing Brady or manning in the play offs it's not as much the physical errors that get you but rather the mental.

If the price is feasible, we need to sign urlacher. Sign or draft another younger guy as well.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote