View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013   #60
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's the next move for the Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
However, if they plan to retain W Smith, the Texans would probably be better of signing veterans like Harris and Dobbins to minim veteran deals.
If the Texans were going to cut Wade Smith, don't you think they would have by now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
Victor Cruz would most likely command a salary of 15 million a year or a contract similar to what Calvin Johnson got. Plus you have to give up a 1st rounder? Not worth it.

I'd look at Brandon Lloyd for cheap. He's the perfect weapon next to AJ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
15 a year for Cruz? Which of your acclaimed sources told you that?
Might as well be $50 million, because the Texans aren't making a play for Cruz. I doubt they have the cap room for Lloyd. I don't think there's anything left but room for minimum contracts and the draft picks. If the Texans are going to do anything else in free agency, they need to work out something with Antonio Smith's contract.