View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013   #43
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to go WR heavy in Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
That 'Ramses' guy from NY is available if im not mistaken. probably cheap, plus dude is really tall and got good hands from what I can remember.

While I completely agree with the idea of selecting a WR in the draft, if an ILB/OLB is rated significantly higher you still go best available in the early rounds. I toyed with the notion of taking the WR in R1, but the team still has holes and cant really get selective like that IMO.

1st rounder gets you Victor Cruz probably. Will there be anything better than him in the 20's? Long shot, but the homerun that could hold down the position for years to come, and you cross that contract bridge when you get there next year, he's locked up for like 3 MILL, while underpaid, if patient and has yet another good year you figure it out in 2014. Not sure what a first round tender is nowadays but im sure its around that ballpark anyways. Lose him get a supplemental the next year, you still draft a project in the later rounds and take a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl for 1 good year, caution to the wind F the future til we get there.

And then I woke up.
There are quite a few guys on the Ramses Barden train. He's relatively young, will come cheap, and is stacked with potential. I can see him making a big impact for us, but I still think we draft a receiver in the first 2 round even with a guy like him on board. I think Jean is the odd man out as much as I had high hopes for him last year. Keyshawn isn't going anywhere until we take Tavon Austin in the 1st. There just really isn't a huge need for him then. That's Jean's only hope if you ask me.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote