View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013   #12
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76298 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "It's always been a fumble"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Not that I disagree with your overall point, but you're lumping the Renfro catch into a missed play, which is not really true. It's a lot closer to the Tuck Rule incident, because the refs were clearly not acting impartially. Their motivation was different, but they still made a bad call because of outside influences. Every ref on that squad has since admitted it was a bad call except for the head guy.
I'll have to go back and look into the Renfro non-catch again, it's been a long time.

You know what really pisses off the Raider fans? It is that nobody seemed to care. It was as if the overall mood was "it happened to Oakland and not my team, so no big deal." People should have been furious the NFL could shrug off such a call, spin it, and be fine putting their stamp of approval on a tainted game. Every fan instead of thinking "it was only Oakland", should have been thinking "what if the NFL did that to my team." Nobody should have stood for it.

Update: Yeah, Renfro's was a TD. I think the big difference is that instant replay could have corrected that call. In the Snow Job game, instant replay was used to throw the game.