View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Insight into Front Office inactivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Oh you think Bob "In Love With David Carr" McNair and Gary "I Can't Pick A Good D-Coord" Kubiak are helping this team more than Rick Smith's ability to know when to hold players and when to fold them?

I can't call the guy a wizard, but I guess when compared to the two stooges he's sandwiched in-between, Rick looks like Einstein.

We couldn't pay Brisiel, Dreessen, and Jason Allen what they got from their new teams. Winston was a cap move. Ryans a cap move (that we got trade value for, btw). We had a subpar year on the OL and yet I can't fault the FO for not overpaying Brisiel and Winston.

What I'm saying is that Rick Smith, and the guys building contracts for him, are doing a pretty good job....except for the Schaub premature ejack situation, which frankly REEKS of McNair or Kubiak shooting their wad too early, as they're prone to do on those lovable loser QBs that they have a history of sticking with.
I think sometimes people are just impatient when they see movements from other clubs and they don't want to worry about cap space or anything like that.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote