View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013   #5
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68714 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "It's always been a fumble"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
'eh, just like the infamous Renfro non-catch that would have been a TD if the league had replay or Don Beebe stepping out of bounds in that Bills game, sometimes you just have to let stuff go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Espn did a little thing on this yesterday. Those Oakland players are still pissed.
So are the Oakland fans. You see, there is a difference between Renfro's non-catch or Beebe stepping out of bounds, because those were just missed plays. What pisses off Raider fans, coaches, former GMs, etc., is the right call was made, then the Chief-fan ref reversed it without indisputable evidence, turning the proper call into a bad call that stole a game and probable SB appearance and win from the Raiders. Not to mention that is the third time the Raiders have been eliminated from the playoffs on questionable calls, i.e., Immaculate Deception, Rob Lytle Fumble, and the Snow Job. That could be as many as three more Lombardi's in the trophy case that aren't there because of questionable officiating.

You know, I called the Snow-Job game, in a way. I was telling some other AFCW fan how the NFL would figure a way to screw the Raiders to prevent them from making it to the SB. That person laughed and asked me what was going to happen, like I was crazy or something. I told them I didn't know, but to just watch the game. Sure enough, the "tuck" happened. Raider fans are used to it, and know it stems from the League's dislike of Al Davis. We're hoping in the next decade or two that things will change and the Raiders will be able to compete on a level playing field.

Hey, if it was a screw-up like the Rob Lytle fumble it would be one thing, but Coleman reversed his own call to then change the game's outcome. So what gets us so pissed is we don't mind being beaten fair-and-square, but we can't stand being cheated out of a playoff win.