View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013   #1805
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Why does it say 2 years on NFL.com?

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000152356/
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
That is what I have been hearing and reading all day, that it was a 2 year deal worth roughly 7-7.5 mil with a 3rd year option....

That was why I asked where the 16 mil for 3 years was coming from...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Because the they "agreed to terms" and didn't sign a contract yet. Once they get a deal signed and sent to the NFL office, someone will leak a copy and we'll find out how much it is and how much is guaranteed.

I'm crossing my fingers that it's a 3 year deal worth 3m, 3m, 10m...

Jason LaCanfora reported the 3 year 16m numbers. He's usually pretty good about getting that stuff right, but not perfect. I'm hoping the 2 year 7.5m report is correct, because that would be a great deal for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Hell now I am reading 2yrs $12 mil ...if this is true, ouch...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think the 7 million number is what might be guaranteed. At least that's what I gathered from yesterday.

I don't think the 3 year 16 mill deal that's being thrown around is that bad either. The odds of him seeing that 3rd year is prob slim to none. The only numbers that really matter to me are the cap numbers anyway.
Crap. Sounds like nobody knows for sure and we ain't heard a peep out of the Texans or chirp (a "twit"?) out of Reed.

Craig Roberts (92.1 FM) just said (as of 1:15 pm, 3/21/13) that Reed has not actually signed anything yet.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote