View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Insight into Front Office inactivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yep. And it's myopic to call them elite after those years.

"Elite" can only be about 10% of starting QBs. That is 3 in the NFL. After Brady and Peyton Manning, we can debate about who is no. 3. But I can assure you that Eli, Big Ben, and Flacco are not going to beat out Brees or Aaron Rogers.
My definition of elite includes several years. Playing at a high level for 6 weeks don't get it done. You have to play at a high level for several years.

For me, several years mean 3 years minimum. Are Kaepernick, Russel Wilson, RG3 elite? Nope... they have elite talent, they have the ability to be elite QBs, but right now.... nope.

Is Matt Schaub Elite? Nope.... fair or not, you have to be on a winning team. He's only been on 3 winning teams so far & there was an abysmal 6-10 season (in which he played elite-like at times) in that stretch.

If Matt performs like he has the last two years & we finish with 10 or more wins, he's in the conversation. For me anyway.