View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013   #79
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans agree to terms with CB McCain

I don't see this is either/or or one is better than the other. Given that so many teams play 3/4 WR sets as much if not more than the classic 2-back `1TE set, the needs need as many guys who have cover skills as possible.

Both McCain and Harris will probably take more snaps than a run stuffing NT and maybe the 2nd ILB. Neither played well enough in 2012.

On McCain specifically, I watch only 6 or 7 Texans games from home, so I can't screen shot this, but i think that teams figured out ways to make McCain attempt to cover guys bigger stronger than him. he is good with smaller pure slot Wrs and guys with average talent, but struggles when having to cover guys with even average size (I think at least) and some Wr skill.