View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013   #28
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Insight into Front Office inactivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Rick Smith was interviewed by Mike Florio of profootballtalk.com and offered quite a bit of insight as to why the Texans are standing pat and not aggressively going after free agents. He states that even though the team has lost several starters they are a better team due last season's experience...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-next-level/

Is anyone buying this? I believe that the owner's secret collusion agreement has a lot to do with the low contracts being signed however that doesn't help explain why the Texans are doing virtually nothing to help fill their multiple holes in the roster while teams like Denver, Indi, Seattle, etc. are apparently making every effort imaginable to win a championship.
The biggest thing to take from Smith's comments is that the organization is making an admission that they did not know how to win at the highest levels. Ed Reed is a reflection of trying to find a player that can help in the lockerroom and on the field in more intangible/leadership type ways.

As to why the Texans are not going crazy in free agency? They have stated rather build through the draft, not pick up the name of the day. The best thing the Texans front office does is stay to its core philosphies no matter how much you or i think the team should do different.