View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013   #1775
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 15444 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
I really hope you get what you expect ; Get used to a back pedaling Reed, trying to drag a runner/WR down by his shoulder pads- its a look we saw a lot around here.

He is an ICON, perhaps a GOAT at Safety. Wonderful guy and hard worker. Just not sure he is as good as he once was.
We all know he is not as great as he once was. In fact, every team, coach, and owner in the NFL knew that. Thats why he didnt get a 6yr/$45mil deal. He got two years and that was his best offer.

With that being said, he is a huge upgrade over Shiloh Keo which was our starting safety the moment Quin left town. I also believe he is better than any safety we draft at the 27th pick. He will offer experience, locker room presence and coaching abilities to our young DB's and that is worth the money paid. On top of being a play maker still.