View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013   #1764
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Isn't the impact related to how the contract is structured moreso than the reported max value? We still don't know for sure how much is guaranteed, how much is signing bonus, and how much is incentive-based.

I would hope that the $4 mil/yr for 3 yrs is all that's guaranteed and the rest of the 16 mil is signing bonus and incentives. Even better would be 4-4.5 mil for two yrs with an option for a 3rd year plus the signing bonus/incentives making up the delta.
I certainly hope so.

This news I woke up to has me a little anxious. When I saw "$16 million over 3 years," I was a little taken aback.

Am hopeful that the cap money is around 4.