View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013   #1758
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 288753 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Hey, what happened to all the talk about firing Smith, Kubes, etc...? I thought Smith was inept! Not a good GM! What happened?
Uh... I think you answered your own question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
As for the contract (16 million over 3 years), I hope it doesn't mess up sigining Cush next year or Watt the year after. Anyone know if these figures are right and how much is guaranteed?
Quote:
Very strong deal for an older safety, especially in this market
You can't be 100% on board with Rick Smith & believe what you stated in the second half of your post. Blind pigs & acorns are what we're talking about here & how this contract is structured is a big part of whether Smith did a good job or not.

he gets an A for effort. I've criticized him for not being able to sell the Houston Texans as a destination for players who want to do something. Connor Barwin (whom Wade "loves") was signed by the Eagles & will only cost $1.3M towards the 2013 cap, $2.1M towards the 2014 cap. That's a good GM on a team that is backsliding.

Casey just signed a deal where I can't remember the numbers, but it's also pretty cap friendly as well, on the same water treading team.

Quin just signed a deal with a perennial loser that wasn't more expensive than what we should have been offering him over the first two years.

Yeah, there may be reasons why the Texans let those guys go. Back ended deals may not be the best thing for us right now. & losing Quin for Reed... yeah I would have done that as well.

If this team gets to the Super Bowl in 2013, 2014.... then without a doubt Rick Smith is the man. If we start backsliding because we can't field a decent team... well, y'know.