Originally Posted by Doppelganger
2. Ok. Fair point. I saw a guy who was highly productive as a pressure guy in college. May not have the best size but is a high motor guy. He can still put some weight on. In some ways reminded me of a young Dumervill(5'11 250 when drafted). Who would you rather see drafted in this spot.
3. Agreed. Bostic tends to be more of a run stuffer. I was thinking of all those games were teams ran it down the Texans throat.
7. Yep, exactly. Kubes has pretty much shown us that even when he had a fullback who could catch(Casey, Leach) he still will use them almost exclusively as a FB. So, why not get an old school guy like Lorenzo Neal whose strength is what you are actually going to use. Casey is a good player, but was wasted as a FB in Houston.
2. U. Conn. plays in the Big East and success there is alot different than success in the NFL where size matters. I think Williams would be better suited to a 4-3 defense. I like David Amerson-CB/FS in the 2nd round, he offers great size and speed to our secondary that still needs some upgrades at CB and FS depth.
3. Other teams did run it down our throat going up the middle but getting better at NT will lessen our needs at ILB for a run stuffer and in this pass happy NFL we need guys who can cover sideline to sideline. I like Kiko Alonso in the 3rd or A.J. Klein in the 4th.
7. I really hope Casey succeeds at TE in Philly and shows Kubiak what he was really capable of all along.