View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013   #1759
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
That amount of money hurts this signing. I hope the guaranteed money is spent after one year, because I don't trust him to make it through two. Still, it's mind boggling that the front office valued Reed at 5.33m a year for 3 years, yet wouldn't offer Glover Quin the 4.7m a year he got from the Lions.
Isn't the impact related to how the contract is structured moreso than the reported max value? We still don't know for sure how much is guaranteed, how much is signing bonus, and how much is incentive-based.

I would hope that the $4 mil/yr for 3 yrs is all that's guaranteed and the rest of the 16 mil is signing bonus and incentives. Even better would be 4-4.5 mil for two yrs with an option for a 3rd year plus the signing bonus/incentives making up the delta.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote