View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013   #133
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Myth of the Long Ball & Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Cool - within three posts Schaub holds the ball too long and gets rid of it too soon.

Just kind of funny. Reality is I am sure every QB can be accused of both on individual plays.
With Otisbean's observations, I think it's more of a case that there are instances that Schaub didn't get the ball out on time; and I agree.

In the latter part of the season, there were inconsistencies in his game.
On certain plays, IMO, he should have taken the time but he didn't.
And then on other plays, he could have gotten the ball out sooner but he didn't either.
His rhythm, again - to me, is out of whack.

It was rather frustrating in the reviews.
I wanted to whack him sometimes (others not helping him is another matter.)

The whole offense was out whack really; it was far from a well-oiled machine that they showed in certain other games; and that included untimely penalties and stuffs. It simply lacked cohesive; and I have to say the QB is at the forefront.

You know I'm not over-critical of Schaub, but his plays left much to desire.
I expected a little better, at least.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote