View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013   #35
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Recovering Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
You might remember Cushing had patellar tendon surgery in Jan of 2011 and was not ready for the field until August. Return to play for isolated patellar tendon rupture is usually around 6 months. As is common sense, it takes more time than that for return to "close to" preinjury performance if it is going to be attainable. Recovery for "big men" like Newton would tend to be more difficult.
Remember in the study I quoted, 19 of 24 returned to play in the NFL. Also remember that 1 of the those 19 returned only for ONE game........so you could technically say that 1 out of 4 players never came back to play. Like I said before, the Texans better not let themselves be blind-sided by taking anything for granted re. Newton's presence in 2013.
We have both our starting ILB coming off season ending injury and it does not seem that we are too interested in signing a FA ILB. I would be really surprised if we don't draft an ILB in the first two rounds. Will also be interesting to see what we do at RT because of Newton's surgery, especially if we don't resign Harris. We have take care of 2 of these positions in FA because as of now we have too many holes...S, ILB, RT, NT, WR.

Last edited by SW H-TOWN; 03-20-2013 at 05:25 PM. Reason: grammar, every time...damn.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote