View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013   #13
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 6.0: Post Compensatory Pick Announcement Draft

First off I like the idea of trading back to get more picks, but if Allen is there at #27, I think the Texans have to get him.

2.(Eagles) Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee, 6'4, 196lbs, 4.41 If they do trade back and this is there pick, I wouldn't be upset, but I don't think Hunter is the right WR for the Texans at this time. He needs time to develop and I don't think they have that time, especially with the loss of Walter. They need a #2 now. Hunter is a project #1 WR. Also, you said he has "great hands." That's not what I've been hearing. I think I've heard/read he had a 12% drop rate while others, like Allen, were around 4-5%.

2 (Texans) Trevardo Williams, OLB, Connecticut, 6'1, 241lbs, 4.57 This might be a little early but he is projected to go between rounds 2-4, so I guess it would be OK. Just don't know too much about him. He did work out well at the Combine. He's not that big for a 3-4 OLB and may be better suited for a 4-3.

3(Eagles) Kwame Geathers, NT, Georgia, 6'5, 342lbs, 5.44 OK pick but would rather have Williams from Missouri So. if he was still on the board. Geathers needs to build his stamina and he's not as quick as Williams though they both weigh about the same. Still, a big "space eating" NT is a need IMO. Not sure if Wade agrees.

3(Texans) Jonathan Bostic, ILB, Florida, 6'1, 245lbs, 4.61 Good solid pick here. He's nothing flashy, but this ILB class is weak and we need one for depth.

3(Compensatory )Chris Jones, DL, Bowling Green, 6'2, 302lbs, 5.33 Not sure about this pick. Don't really know much about him, but I doubt the Texans will pick 2 DT/NT in the same round.

4.Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State, 6'0, 207lbs, 4.44 Could be a good pick. It's a deep S class and there are some good ones out there, even in later rounds. I wouldn't be upset with this pick.

5. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama 6'5, 269lbs, 4.80 Now we're talking. I like this pick and think he could be a steal. This is another area that's deep and we could pick up Lucas Reed or Sudfeld in the 7th for development. I'm sure the Texans will get a TE somewhere in the Draft. Just don't know where.

6 (Texans) Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia, 6'5, 308lbs, 5.45. Was high on this guy as a zone blocking OT and then he had a bad Combine. Waiting to see how he does at his Pro-Day. With the surgery to Newton and Harris still a FA, the Texans may make this area more of a priority and take one earlier.

6(Compensatory) Ryan Allen, P, Louisiana Tech, 6'2, 215lbs. Not opposed to this pick. Jones was OK, but I wish we could get someone better. Too bad Hartmann messed up his leg. I think he could have been a good one for a long time. If Allen has a leg like Hartmann did that would be great.

7.Zach Boren, FB/LB, Ohio State, 6'0 252lbs, 4.79 Good spot to pick a FB and I guess we'll need one since Casey left for "greener" ($$$) pastures. Not sure where Clutts stands with the Texans as far as him being "the man" at FB. If Boren is any good I'm sure he can make the team. Even as a backup to Clutts and for ST.

Good job overall!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote