View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013   #177
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 234554 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
With that being said, do you buy it? Do you believe a team that has newly acquired holes & needs simply increases it's chances of being a Super Bowl because the remaining players gained playoff experience? I think talent level of the team is a key factor & that is something I believe the Texans team has recently dropped off a bit in based of it's recent player losses. Granted we don't know what the end of free agency or the draft will bring to the team, but as the team stands now it seems a bit of a reach to assume this is a Super Bowl team because of playoff experience gained.
I buy it.

I don't know if we'll have as good of a record as we had last year but I expect us to be a grittier team that's going to play better in the playoffs.

Every year, teams acquire new holes and needs. It's very rare that you have a team without weaknesses. We've still got a LONG way to go this off-season and there are a lot of deals not done, yet.

I was more worried last year because of losing Brisiel, Winston, and Dreessen. Losing Casey and Quin and a bunch of marginal players doesn't scare me half as much as losing the whole right side of our line along with our best blocking TE.

I think we'll return to more of a classic FB approach. I think we'll get another blocking TE (which is why I like the Maneri option.) And our rookie linemen from last year should be better this year; I wouldn't be surprised if our line ends up being Brown-Smith-Myers-Jones-Brooks. I'm hoping we'll bring Winston back to solidify the line OR find an improvement in either FA or the draft. If we do that, our offense improves.

I think we can find someone to play S who'll play better than Quin did last year. He got burned a lot near the end of the season. I think we're going to upgrade our ILB situation and I wouldn't be surprised if we upgrade our DT/NT situation.

So, yeah. I'm not pushing the panic button on this off-season, yet.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote