View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013   #176
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
With that being said, do you buy it?

Granted we don't know what the end of free agency or the draft will bring to the team, but as the team stands now it seems a bit of a reach to assume this is a Super Bowl team because of playoff experience gained.
Yeah, I buy it. Like he said, "We're working our plan." New England lost Welker. I don't think we've lost anything like that. The Baltimore Flaccos lost much of their defense.... more than we did. The Broncos look better already, the 49ers & Seahawks look better already.

But this is still a process. If Cushing comes back healthy (& McNair is closer to that situation than I am), if Jjo can come into the season healthy, I'm not too worried about the guy who will play next to Brian. I think we have some options at safety...... I was just talking about how much Harris reminds me of Quin. Haven't seen him tackle enough, but he does remind me of Quin.

Anyway.... this is part of the process. McNair has faith in the organization he put together. He's taking from the positives of last season & working towards getting better. So, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Oh we're in for a tough year, for sure.

There are glaring holes, and a major weakness at QB all of a sudden.
I don't believe McNair thinks we have a major weakness at QB. He's been pretty consistent with his position as well. We need to put play makers around Matt.
Quote:
"He's getting criticism he shouldn't get, but he'll probably be tougher as a result of it," McNair said. "It was Matt's first postseason, and I'm sure he learned from it."

McNair hopes Schaub and his teammates on both sides of the ball will use the New England defeat as a learning experience.

"We had a lot of players that didn't make plays when they had the opportunity in the playoffs," McNair said. "This thing is a process, and the playoffs are different than regular season. I think the players have to go through that and understand it.

"Everybody picks up their game. You better bring your 'A' game. I know it's easy to say that, but now the players have seen it for the last two years and know what to expect.

"Mentally, we're developing a toughness you have to have."

Read more: http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...#ixzz2O6Ve1o2A

I mean it worked for the Ravens & it got Matt Ryan a play off win (finally).. Schaub is only 3 years older than those two.