View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans agree to terms with CB McCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
The penalties is the area for concern w/ Harris IMO. He did seem to get untimely penalties that were costly. I believe that is something that can be fixed. Harris played aggressive & made plays on the ball & that is what got him on occasion.
I believe that is exactly why he got so many penalties (& I wonder if they counted his special teams penalties as well), but I don't know that they need to be "fixed"

The two that I think were most costly to us was the PI on Welker. They were about 5-6 yards from the LOS, Welker initiated the contact by running into Harris, then tried to turn & run back the other way. Harris didn't allow him to do that. I don't think that call is made 7 out of 10 times. Even though the ball is in the air, anything close to 5 yards usually get's "overlooked"

It sucks that the penalty was called, by letter of the law, he was guilty & they got a 1st down out of it. But had he not done what he did, Welker was just as likely to break that little dump off for a 20 to 40 yard gain & maybe even a TD.

Same thing with the one he got against Reggie Wayne. Reggie got into Harris then tried to get separation by pushing off. Harris didn't let him. We got a penalty, they got a 1st down for a pretty big gain, but again, it could have been a TD on a push off that normally isn't called. We got a raw deal on that one, but it's a penalty I want my guy to take every time. Simply because they rarely call OPI to the letter of the law.

If you remember what Quin looked like when he played CB for us, that's what Harris reminds me of, only more athletic. He's like a bulldog, he won't back down & he's going to be in your face all day. He's going to get his hands on the ball & next year, because he's more comfortable with game speed & all that, he's going to catch a lot of those balls, where that's just not Quin's game. He'll knock a lot of balls down, but he's not going to catch a whole lot of them.

Anyway, I'm very excited to see what we got in Brandon Harris.