View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013   #41
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans agree to terms with CB McCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Brice McCain was rated 104 out of 113 CBs overall in 2012 (>25% of team snaps.) His coverage rating is what hurt him, putting him at 107th. His rush, run, and penalty ratings were middle of the pack.

Brice's company down that low in the ratings includes Nnamdi Asomugha and Janoris Jenkins.

Brandon Harris did not meet the >25% of team snaps, so we have a smaller sample size and larger population comparison. He rated 167 out of 217 CBs overall ( no minimum playing time.) Harris was middle of the pack in all areas except penalty, where he rated 211 of 217.

Harris equaled K.J.'s penalties, but K.J. did so in 1030 snaps compared to Harris' 177 snaps.

Ratings courtesy of ProFootballFocus.
No surprise on McCain having a bad rating. It was obvious at times this past season that he was struggling even in the slot position & not playing nearly as well as he did in 2011. So somebody's silly assumption that it was just my "THOUGHT" can now see it was FACT. Watching a game or 2 & doing a little research can go a long way. Just a THOUGHT. Lol!

The penalties is the area for concern w/ Harris IMO. He did seem to get untimely penalties that were costly. I believe that is something that can be fixed. Harris played aggressive & made plays on the ball & that is what got him on occasion. With additional playing time I think the penalties improve because he can learn what he can & cannot get away w/ the refs. That type of knowledge is primarily gained by being on the field. Most know that cb's have to get physical, but they have to know the limits or be penalized...that's Harris' problem IMO. I liked how he played physical & was normally in position to make plays on the ball. He showed some decent awareness by normally being in the area to make a play & was effective at times against the likes of Welker & Wayne. Those are some qualities that eluded both McCain & Kareem early in their careers.

As I said before, writing Harris off as a bust after only 2 seasons w/ very limited playing time is shortsighted & foolish IMO. With the "2 seasons & done" thought process, McCain shouldn't even be talked today because according to some of y'all he, & KJ for that matter, should've been deemed busts & gone by now. Once again, a double standard that makes absolutely zero sense IMO.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote