Originally Posted by Wolf6151
I like your idea of the trade down and I can see Manuel going in the late 1st since QB's are overvalued and overdrafted.
2. Hunter, love this pick. He might take a year to develop for the NFL but I think he has the potential to be special. We'll see.
2. Williams, I honestly don't know much about this guy but he doesn't fit my taste for an NFL OLB with regards to his size. Your replacing 6'04"/268 lbs. (Barwin) with 6'01"/241 lbs. (Williams)? I just don't see him getting the job done at the NFL level. Speed would be his only way of succeeding and there's lots of fast guys in the NFL.
3. Geathers, ehhhh. I think his height will work against him. NT is all about leverage and tall guys have a hard time getting their pads low enough to gain leverage.
3. Bostic, ehhhh. I had him in a mock a long time ago when looking for a run stuffing ILB but now I want a guy that's good sideline to sideline and good in pass coverage. Can he cover a RB out of the backfield or a 6'06" athletic TE?
3. Jones, another guy that I don't know anything about. With his size I can see him being depth at NT but his lack of speed doesn't look good for 3-4 DE. Also I don't think we'd take 2 NT depth players in the same draft.
4. Wolff, nice size and speed for the position but when you say he struggles with pass coverage then I get leery and if he can't handle pass coverage as a Safety then he'll never be a CB.
5. Williams, love this pick if we don't sign Steve Maneri in FA, he fills a definite need.
6. Aboushi, I think he goes alot earlier than this. I know he had a bad Combine but he had a good 2012 season, I think he goes 3rd round at worst.
6. Allen, love this pick as well, he just makes so much sense.
7. Boren, really like this pick as well, a real FB with good hands.
2. I think Hunter can contribute right away. In addition to good speed, and hands, he also is a good blocker. And we all know what Kubes thinks about a WR's ability to block.
2. Ok. Fair point. I saw a guy who was highly productive as a pressure guy in college. May not have the best size but is a high motor guy. He can still put some weight on. In some ways reminded me of a young Dumervill(5'11 250 when drafted). Who would you rather see drafted in this spot.
3. Agreed. Bostic tends to be more of a run stuffer. I was thinking of all those games were teams ran it down the Texans throat.
3. Yes, he is tall, but he is also going to be a clogging NT. Having the ize to engage and pull in 2 OL will be huge. Height may be an issue, but I think it could work by having a longer reach.
3. One of the things about 40 times is they are somewhat meaningless. Very rarely are DEs running full 40s. He has explosion and power. He also gives Wade options.
4. What I meant is he struggles with deep pass coverage, not pass coverage in general. He has the speed and hands, I think his issue is coaching. He needs to be taught better deep coverage skills. Having a ball hawk FS like Ed Reed or Michael Huff would certainly help along with coaching from Vance Joseph.
5. Thanks. Yep, I think he is the kind of player the Texans have needed for years. They have tried to draft a blocking TE before but injuries derailed his career.
6. You are probably right he doesn't lat this long. He did play well but struggled badly at the combine. Maybe 4th rounder?
6. It saves money and improves the position. Hard to not like that
7. Yep, exactly. Kubes has pretty much shown us that even when he had a fullback who could catch(Casey, Leach) he still will use them almost exclusively as a FB. So, why not get an old school guy like Lorenzo Neal whose strength is what you are actually going to use. Casey is a good player, but was wasted as a FB in Houston.