Originally Posted by Dutchrudder
They aren't signing Huff until Reed decides. They are just using Huff to lower the price on Reed. Huff would cost what, maybe 2-3m a year? They are going to say to Reed's agent, "we can get Huff for 2.5m a year for 2 years, but we're willing to give you 9m for 2 years." Give him one last chance and force him to decide. Right now, the Ravens haven't shut the door on Reed, so he's still hoping he can get more out of them.
I'd like for the Texans to sign somebody before Reed signs with the Ravens. Or at least formally announce that we are no longer interested. Whatever it takes to help the Ravens stick it to him and lowball him.
(Not really as I think he'll be a good addition here)