View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013   #31
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Recovering Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Absolutely.

Sign him and be done with it, we need the run blocking he provides. Then IF Newton makes it back, he can play G and keep Winston at T. I'd be all over that type of setup, tbh.

LT--Brown
LG--Jones and the rest of the goons
C--Myers
RG--Newton and rest of the goons
RT--Caveman

Done. Cross off OL from the "need" list and address S, LB, and WR in the first three rounds.
If they are going to sign him it's going to take some luck and they will have to "wait out the market" so to speak. Texans can't sign him for the big $$$ he wants, and is probably looking for right now, so they will have to wait and hope no one else offers him a big deal. I don't think they would want a long term deal either since they are trying to free up money for signing Cush and Watt in the next couple of years. If, and it's a big IF, they can get him cheap for a year or 2, then I think they will do it. Otherwise, I think they look somewhere else.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote