View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013   #26
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans agree to terms with CB McCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'm happy to bring you such amusement. But if a player can't make it in two years (aside from QBs), he's probably not going to make it. Richard Sherman came out of the same draft as Harris (3 rounds later) and is an All Pro. Harris came out of a big time program and wasn't drafted as a project. He doesn't have the tools that are worth waiting on. Harris is a back end of the roster player who the Texans spent a 2nd round pick on. I don't think it's all that funny.
Rick Smith: 6 drafts, 47 picks, 11 of those picks are CB's, of those 11 picks 2 have been able to be productive (KJ/McCain).

What kills me is we rely on signing FA's to fill our starter spots (JJO, Manning, Pollard, Allen, etc) despite the fact that Rick Smith has drafted CB's 23% of the time.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote