View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013   #24
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans agree to terms with CB McCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
ITT: Fans writing off Brandon Harris after just two seasons. Spending his rookie year on the bench, and his sophomore season in only limited action.

Obviously as of now McCain is the better corner, but to criticize Harris at this point in his career is laughable. Cornerback at the NFL level is one position that takes a lot of development for them to grow, and the best way develop is playing time. All I'm saying is give the guy a chance before you crucify him. There's a reason rookies sign four-year contracts.
I'm happy to bring you such amusement. But if a player can't make it in two years (aside from QBs), he's probably not going to make it. Richard Sherman came out of the same draft as Harris (3 rounds later) and is an All Pro. Harris came out of a big time program and wasn't drafted as a project. He doesn't have the tools that are worth waiting on. Harris is a back end of the roster player who the Texans spent a 2nd round pick on. I don't think it's all that funny.