Re: Doppelmock Version 6.0: Post Compensatory Pick Announcement Draft
I like your idea of the trade down and I can see Manuel going in the late 1st since QB's are overvalued and overdrafted.
2. Hunter, love this pick. He might take a year to develop for the NFL but I think he has the potential to be special. We'll see.
2. Williams, I honestly don't know much about this guy but he doesn't fit my taste for an NFL OLB with regards to his size. Your replacing 6'04"/268 lbs. (Barwin) with 6'01"/241 lbs. (Williams)? I just don't see him getting the job done at the NFL level. Speed would be his only way of succeeding and there's lots of fast guys in the NFL.
3. Geathers, ehhhh. I think his height will work against him. NT is all about leverage and tall guys have a hard time getting their pads low enough to gain leverage.
3. Bostic, ehhhh. I had him in a mock a long time ago when looking for a run stuffing ILB but now I want a guy that's good sideline to sideline and good in pass coverage. Can he cover a RB out of the backfield or a 6'06" athletic TE?
3. Jones, another guy that I don't know anything about. With his size I can see him being depth at NT but his lack of speed doesn't look good for 3-4 DE. Also I don't think we'd take 2 NT depth players in the same draft.
4. Wolff, nice size and speed for the position but when you say he struggles with pass coverage then I get leery and if he can't handle pass coverage as a Safety then he'll never be a CB.
5. Williams, love this pick if we don't sign Steve Maneri in FA, he fills a definite need.
6. Aboushi, I think he goes alot earlier than this. I know he had a bad Combine but he had a good 2012 season, I think he goes 3rd round at worst.
6. Allen, love this pick as well, he just makes so much sense.
7. Boren, really like this pick as well, a real FB with good hands.