View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #1556
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Another team offered Asomugha more than $60 million?

It would make sense that Smith knew what the Ravens were willing to pay before he made his offer. The meeting was: "Here's what we think of you, here's how you fit what we do, here's what we're willing to pay you." It wasn't part of a multi bid process. It was one shot. Smith does not make that shot unless he knows what cards the other players are holding.
It's been discussed on here recently & links were provided where Asomugha was quoted as saying he left more money on the table from another team, rumored to have possibly been the Texans, to sign w/ the Eagles because he felt they could win it all. Hardly new news there.

As far as Smith knowing what the Ravens are doing...I have my doubts on that. Smith may know their salary cap issues & could speculate what they are willing to offer, but I doubt he knows how much a team values each player. It's seems obvious Reed is still trying to get more players involved & he still isn't getting what he wants so I believe all it takes is slight bump up by the Ravens & he is back home IMO. Time will tell, but the more time that is wasted leads to a higher probability that the Texans will be left w/ very limited alternatives if Reed chooses to stay a Raven. It's time to move on real soon IMO.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote