View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #113
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: The Myth of the Long Ball & Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Why do you keep going back to yardage results stats rather than in the air?
Why do you keep overlooking my recognition of "in the air" stats? I have stated twice now that "in the air" 20+ is a long pass, and I have specifically distinguished that from "pass plays". I simply pointed out the overall 20+ to illustrate the fact that 20+ plays don't happen that often, and that is why I consider them long plays. So if 20+ plays don't happen that often, and 20+ in the air is an even smaller subset of that, clearly 20+ in the air is a rare play.

All of which just goes back to my point in the last post saying that I consider 20+ to be a long play. People can disagree all they want.

Quote:
Damn you are really playing your stats too. "9 more than 2011" LOL. Schaub only played 10 games in 2011 (so in other words was on pace for 59 & 14.5). Try looking at the two prior seasons - 59 & 9 and 62 & 15.

Well the best were 0 of 8 and the good was 3 of 4.
I confess I don't even know what you're talking about, and frankly, I'm not that interested. I can go look at 20+ plays for other QBs if I cared enough, but that doesn't separate out the 20+ in the air plays. You claim your source does, but the very first and only play that I cared about earlier clearly breaks your source. Schaub threw an INT 35 yards in the air to Vontae Davis when your source said he had no INTs in that subset. Furthermore, every completion where the WR had to slow down from his wide open spot to let the ball and the defender get there is not factored into your source.

In the end, I don't care to parse stats. The man has an issue throwing a deep ball. Blame it on his foot, his mechanics, his arm, his head, or the offense; I don't care. I'm tired of watching the man play QB. If you disagree, that's cool. But you're not selling me on something else.