View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #110
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391709 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Myth of the Long Ball & Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Personally, I would say 20 yards, when you're talking about passes and not just pass plays. 20+ plays are tracked, as are 40+ plays. The latter happens so infrequently in the NFL that the former is really a long play. No one tracks 30+ plays, as far as I know.
I don't think when guys are sitting around the table eating chicken wings and drinking beer they think of 20 yards as a deep ball. The stats you are talking about are on play result also so the pass may have been four yards behind the line of scrimmage and gone for 20. ESPN tracks in the air which was what I wanted to narrow down and examine and they do it separately for 31-40 and 41+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
When it hits the fan, he hits the ground, balled up and sucking his thumb.
This is just bogus. Schaub hangs and takes shots. Look no further than the back to back shots in Denver.