View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #53
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HOU intrested in FA OLB Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think the way the NFL didn't release what the cap figure would be, for as long as they held out on the release of that info, sucks for all teams who weren't already a bazillion dollars under the cap.

A cap should be announced way in advance. Practically, the cap should be known for 3 or even 4 years in advance.

I want to know what number I have to stay within, and do my own speculative calculations as to making as good of an educated guess as I can in regards to how salaries will increase/inflate over that period.

Instead, we've got a league who holds out on that until almost the last minute. I think the CBA played a part, for sure, and I know or expect cap figures are impacted maybe by annual revenue blah blah blah....still, teams have to know what to expect.

Is there any other major pro sports league that has as complicated and sometimes borderline crazy financial structure as the NFL? Try to get even the most well-educated, most in-the-loop NFL person to say with certainty how all the cap figures are determined and accounted for.....few even agree in one another's figures!
Agree!

This game is so challenging in so many different aspects.
But perhaps, that's why it's intriguing.
Darn sure it's complex and intriguing than anything I've ever known.
The more you look into it, the deeper you get into a maze, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote