View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #25
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Recovering Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
We believe in Newton. If he can progress off what he did last season, he’s on his way to being a good player.”

This is what I have been saying about Derek. Most of our problem came from RG not RT. If Newton had not been injured or was 100% by preseason, I think Gary would go with Gardner as the backup swing. I think Harris is a possible re-sign but he needs to step up if his back allows him. This should allow those mocking an OT in top 3 rounds to go different direction.
Did you not read the first half of that paragraph?

“That’s a concern. If Newton’s going to miss a portion of the offseason. If we started OTAs today (Andrew) Gardner would line up opposite Duane. It’s something we’ve got to continue to look at. Ryan Harris (RT who’s a UFA) played well for us last season, so there’s a possibility we could have him back on our team.