View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #63
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
34 OLBs are extremely expensive. If you count Barwin at 4.1m a year average, then he would be the 13th highest paid OLB (this is not including 43 DEs). There are a bevy of OLBs on their rookie contracts behind that 4m mark including Orakpo, Matthews, Aldon Smith and more, all of which will command much more than 4m a year when their rookie deals end. The Eagles actually made a good deal here, Barwin is at least a decent starter, and he's being paid below average money at the position. I personally would have liked to keep him for that much, but if we are going to spend that kind of money I would prefer spending a bit more to keep Quin instead.
I'd rather go OLB in the early rounds of draft and pay much less than Barwin would have had here, especially since he appeared to have been a huge fat zero all year.

The guy is a workout warrior. When was the last time the announcers were screaming his name after he had busted up a play or really impacted the game in a big way?

The guy was the David Carr of the defense while he was here. Great style, fabulously awesome hair, and a knack for really turning it on in camp...good with the media, yada yada.

Philly has become to us what we were to the Broncos, it's the circle of life.