View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #105
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Myth of the Long Ball & Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I cannot recall too many, if any, times that Schaub dropped back, manipulated safeties, and landed a deep ball in stride for a TD/long gain.
Well let's define deep - do you mean over 30 or over 40? I think prior to this thread many folks would have answered over 40.

Of course having seen the stats now they would hate to admit in 2012 Peyton and Brady NEVER successfully dropped back in any fashion and passed the ball 40 yds.

Anyway, I believe Schaub's 53 yd pass over the middle was a straight drop. I can't remember if he manipulated the safeties on that play. I can recall Gruden and a couple other commentators during last season talking about how well Schaub did exactly that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Andre Johnson....1500 yards and 4TD's. Four. That's almost impossible.
Just shy of 1600 yds. Now that is one of the great mysteries of the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Not that they don't have good play design, but they aren't running plays where the whole offense makes it look like a stretch running plays and then all of a sudden receivers break into their routes.
OK this is just out in left field. None of these plays are coming off AJ hanging around the line of scrimmage faking like he is blocking and then tearing ass down field and the guy he was blocking just goes f#$k it I will inexplicably let AJ run down field, maybe he wants a jog on this rushing play. You're just making stuff up. The WR's run routes whether they are running or passing. That is what makes it deceptive.