View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tyrann Matheiu: head scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Not interested. Yes he has talent, but he also has a ton of red flags. He has shown an addiction or inability to stop smoking grass. He was also a dealer, which is a HUGE red flag in my book.

He withdrew from LSU on August 17, 2012 to enter a drug rehab program in Houston. On September 4th, 2012 he was back in Baton Rougue. Most rehab programs are a month long, he was there less than 18 days. I don't know what happened, but something doesn't smell right.

I cannot confirm this, but I heard that once back on the LSU campus he returned to smoking.

I don't mind taking a chance on a guy with a single or couple of issues, but this guy seems littered with them. I would not take a chance on him at all and don't want him near the team. I don't mind a guy who smokes a little herb...not a guy who distributes or cannot stop smoking it.
I think being a dealer is a much bigger red flag than smoking. Just a guess, but there's probably a large amount of professional athletes who smoke. No big deal. But dealing the stuff is a big character concern.

As far as the rehab program goes, did he go there for pot or for other drugs as well? Because if it was just for pot then that seems pretty pointless.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote