View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #62
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eagles sign Connor Barwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LOL.

Yeah, two years at around $8 mill total...sorry, he hasn't earned that amount.

$2 mill-per-year? Fine. I wouldn't like even that amount, but I'd manage to stomach it.
34 OLBs are extremely expensive. If you count Barwin at 4.1m a year average, then he would be the 13th highest paid OLB (this is not including 43 DEs). There are a bevy of OLBs on their rookie contracts behind that 4m mark including Orakpo, Matthews, Aldon Smith and more, all of which will command much more than 4m a year when their rookie deals end. The Eagles actually made a good deal here, Barwin is at least a decent starter, and he's being paid below average money at the position. I personally would have liked to keep him for that much, but if we are going to spend that kind of money I would prefer spending a bit more to keep Quin instead.