View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #51
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Not convinced. This FO has made some good moves no doubt with signing JJo and Manning and then drafting guys like Cushing and Watt. My point was, and I think you missed it, was that this FO is not known for making bold moves. As I said before, it took a historically bad season for them to realize that we need some new talent on defense. We have a need at another quality pass rusher out there and if it means overpaying for a guy like Dumervil then so be it. This defense absolutely needs a great pass rush to succeed and it would somewhat negate the need to sign a high priced safety.
Psssst! I have a secret for you: Sometimes, when you're forced to make "drastic moves" you don't normally make, many things can happen....

1. You pay for those risk-taking decisions, and whether you miss the playoffs or you exit in the divisional round, the bill comes due all the same.

2. You can learn from it. Oh, gee, we better offer Ed Reed an avg. of $5 million per year, and stick to it, to stay under the cap and afford other moves too.

You're hung up on 2010 and prior. Who cares what forced us to be AFC South champs and divisional round playoff teams two years in a row, the fact is the bill comes due. What do you rather have had happened after 2010--Stink via staying $20 million under the cap and finishing with 3-13 records the past two years, or to have a triumvirate of decision makers in Bob, Gary, and Rick who pushed the envelope in 2012?

I just don't get it. I'm the grumpiest Texans fan on here other than Hervoyel and even I can see that the front office and owner have done a much better job in 2011 and 2012 than any year prior.

The bill is due, we're making our minimum monthly payments, and trying to figure out on what items we spend our credit line upon. Life is normal, and we had two good years to show for it. And maybe a third yet to come.