View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #137
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Free Agents we should look at

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Lets just sign Hampton and Harrison in FA they should be fairly inexpensive for a yr or 2 and draft a couple of S. This appears to be a good class for S.
I know Casey Hampton would make a lot of folks really happy but it seems to me, still, that Wade is stuck on his smallish NT who can penetrate (whether it actually happens on the field or not) than the traditional big space eater. Don't see it happening.

In reference to Harrison I really don't see that happening. Read on CBS Sports.com yesterday that his was the "coldest name in FA". According to GMs interviewed in Phoenix that he asking/wanting way too much money for LB who's lost a step and can't effectively rush the passer anymore though is still stout against the run. Wants too much money for a 2 down player. Don't see this happening either.

I'm kinda surprised at the push for Ed Reed. This goes completely against the grain of what McNair said just a few off seasons ago about learning to not chase players on their downslide looking for one last payday. I guess he either changed his mind or he really does stay out of it and let his football people do what they're paid for. Thoughts on this?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote