View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible Pro Bowl Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I preferred the skills competition to the actual game, but that's not saying much. I don't know if the NFL can do anything to make people want to watch the Pro Bowl. It's just so dull.
I don't really think that there is a way to have a violent game like football can have an exhibition that features the best of the league and have it still be competitive. Owners/GM's don't want their $100m babies getting injured in a game that does not matter, and I doubt players want to seriously put it all on the line for an extra football game that just doesn't count for much.

I'm sure scouts/coaches could come up with "skill drills" that they could re-make the skills challenge with and it might even resemble some portions of football, but that seems as close as we'll get to having NFL players actually competing in some sort of all-star atmosphere.